Sunday, February 8, 2009

What Helps me to Relax




I must say that I am obsessed with two shows that are off the air. They are Friends and Gilmore Girls. I own every season of both shows. I feel that Gilmore Girls holds all of the answers to life. I can identify so closely with the main character, Rory Gilmore, that it is spooky. It seems like whenever I put on any random episode, it is the episode where they are dealing with the same situation that I am dealing with in my own life. They are pretty common situations, like stressing out over homework, or figuring out what college is right for you. Even so, it is still nice to have something to calm me down and help me see that the problem I am having is not the end of the world, even though it may feel like it is at that moment. I can be quite dramatic sometimes.
Friends on the other hand is genius. It is my perfect stress reliever. This show is just so silly and fun, that it can always make me feel better. Sometimes you really need to just watch something funny to take your mind off of your responsibilities. The episodes are also the perfect length. They are about 25 minutes an episode so you don’t waste your whole day away watching TV.
I think that everybody has to have some sort of stress reliever; something that they can turn too when they feel overwhelmed. For me it is these two shows and of course music. Sade is always very calming. I also must say that I love Taylor Swift. She is so great and her songs are so catchy and adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment