Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. I think that leaves are beautiful. Flowers are amazing as well, but I feel that the beauty of leaves is constantly overlooked.

2. To me, there is nothing more peaceful than falling asleep to the sound of rain.

3. When I was about 10 years old I went on a family road trip to Wisconsin. We stopped in a Seven-Eleven, and my cousin and I found these things called “smiles-on-a-stick.” We bought two, and waved to people as we were driving while holding them up to our faces. There was one family with a lot of children that kept passing us, and they thought we were just the funniest thing.

4. I fix my hair before I throw out the garbage.

5. I love to paint. (especially nature scenes)

6. When I get my license I plan on talking in funny accents every time I talk to someone in a toll booth.

7. My favorite things to draw are old buildings. I would sit and stare at an old building for hours if it didn’t make me seem creepy.

8. My favorite music to listen to while I do anything artistic is Jack Johnson.

9. Two of my biggest obsessions were with: The Phantom of the Opera (movie, play, and soundtrack) and Michael Jackson (his music). I don’t care if Michael Jackson as a person is a bit of a shady character, his music rocks!

10. I don’t care if it’s not cool to like this, but the Twilight book series is amazing. It really has that something special that completely takes you into the world of Twilight.

11. Big parties are fun, but I would much rather have a small get-together with three or four close friends.

12. Rhymes make me happy. I love when things rhyme! Shel Silverstein’s poetry is magical.

13. There is nothing more exciting than being in Times Square, at night, all dressed up, and on your way to see a play.

14. I love almost every movie I see. There is only one movie that sticks out from all the rest…which I loathe. This move is The Way We Were. It hurts me to not like this movie. I have tried. BELIEVE me. I watched it more than once, and I will never get those hours of my life back! I’m not supposed to hate this movie it’s a classic and most people love it. What is wrong with me!

15. After the last entry this may seem insane, but one of my favorite songs is the theme song from The Way We Were!

16. Old movies are the best movies. Today movies just don’t have the same quality. My favorite movies are from the 50s. Some are: Funny Face, Roman Holiday, and Pillow Talk. My favorite actors/ actresses from this time are, Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Fred Astaire, and Audrey Hepburn.

17. Sometimes, I must admit, I am still afraid of the dark. Well, it’s more that I’m afraid of walking around in the dark.

18. I love to sing, but when I’m at home I try not to sing because I feel that my neighbors can hear me.

19. I want to be an architect. Too many buildings are being built that look exactly the same. Each building should have its own personality.

20. I think that I am pretty quiet when I am first getting to know people, but once you get to know me really well, just try to shut me up!(Well, most of what I say is silly-nonsense, but boy-o-boy are there some laughs!)

21. I love books that look a little worn out. They have more character.

22. I have just started to carry a little leather book around with me to write down funny, or interesting things that I hear people say.

23. I have a freakishly close bond with my cousin Alexandra. She is about a year and a half younger than me, and we have SO many inside jokes, that no one else in the world besides us would understand.

24. The movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is truly a gem. “Bless your beautiful hide, wherever it may be!”-(that’s part of a song from the movie)

25. When I first started to think about what I truly wanted to be when I grew up, all I could think of was, an “Oscar Meyer Weiner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment